Special build for Windows Vista users, otherwise has the same features as Build 180.
Improvements to make the program more resistant to
malicious "boot" programs.
No change to the VP program, but the games included with the package
were updated (AceyDeucy, Backgammon, and Spades).
- You can now save identity information (including your choice of avatar)
for each name, and for each community.
When you sign in, your avatar and identity will be automatically updated.
- If you use two different names in vpchat.com, the program will remember
which avatar and identity to use with each name.
- If you use the same name in vpchat.com and vpadult.com, the program
will remember which avatar and identity to use for each community.
- The un-install program will now remove all old game versions when you
un-install the VP program.
- The latest game versions are included in the installer package.
- Bug fix - the personal avatar gallery folder was sometimes wrong, the
first time you ran the program.
- Bug fix - sometimes you might see a message from the Buddy List program
about changing communities, when all you did was change rooms.
- New generic/guest avatar (ban avatar baghead is the same)
- Yellow "tours" button replaced with "games" button
- Top Help menu renamed VPchat Help
- Observer 2-person icon removed
- When navigating from within a game/megahead, room change defaults to room tab
- "Stolen server" glitched fixed - shouldn't see it when logging into VPchat any more :p
- Can now autolaunch VPchat after installation
- Guest name automatically cut to 20 characters rather than failing when a long name is entered
- New "something to say" button when an event is in progress
- New sound preference - separate on/off controls for conference and regular IMs
- Right click on avatar - menu changed from "Add to chat tracker" to "Add to Buddy List"
- "Ignore" function added to Chat Tracker.
The VP chat program has long had an "Ignore" feature so you can block messages
from anyone you don't care to listen to, however our Chat Tracker buddy
list program did not have this feature. It has a "Who Can See Me" feature
that you could use to prevent your name from showing up in someone else's
buddy list, but it didn't block their messages if sent from the chat program.
Now, the "Who Can See Me" feature blocks messages too. You set it up and
add or remove names from the list just like before,
but now it works better :-)
Also, messages are blocked if you are in "Hidden" mode.
The Chat Tracker program is bundled with the VP chat program,
so a single download will update both.
- Avatar size problem fixed. Regular
avatars show as 48x64 in rooms, and 48x62 in identity box. This was reversed in all
- Blue avatar outline removed.
- Movable Megas. VPchat Megaheads,
including VPchat game Megaheads, can be moved around a room.
- "Launch Buddy List" button replaced "Launch Chat Tracker" button.
- Guests now receive message explaining that Buddy List is a member feature.
- Keyboard focus set correctly when entering from Observation.
- Games menu now shows a "Get Games Here" item linking to games download page.
- vpchat.exe and the download package are
signed with a digital signature.
- My Account button and Help menu now go to correct places.
- Better unique identification for guests.
- Animated logo weirdness fixed for Win 98/ME.
- Failed login attempts now navigate to login page.
- Client automatically reports version number at login.
- Client automatically navigates to sign up
page when guest client expires.
- "Virtual" now spelled correctly in installer.
- The program was given a makeover,
with all new graphics and colors.
- Guest sign-in feature was added.
- Added Large File Send. File send works the same
as it always has, but now when you send a file that's over 128k, you create
a peer-to-peer connection with the other chatter and can exchange files of
- Added an emoticon button next to the gesture button.
- Ability to run multiple instances of vpchat is now on
The preferences dialog box is now organized more sensibly. New preferences
- Option to view chat text in a larger point size
- Option to turn off chat bubbles that appear when you
start to type
- Ability to turn off gestures (you won't see the animations
or the text in the chat pane)
- Ability to include a time stamp on each line of text
- Added peer-to-peer Voice Chat
- Added Permanent Ignore.
- Added Additional protection from booters
- Clickable web links in the message text are now underlined
to make them easier to see. Also https links are clickable now.
- FTP Tunneling added. This is a checkbox in the
Community Servers window. If you use FTP Tunneling then your VP program
connects to the server using the FTP port (21) instead of the standard VP
port (1533). Why does this matter? Sometimes network firewalls are set up
to only allow specific ports, and 1533 may not be one of them. If it's not
easy or possible for you to change the firewall, you can try using the FTP
port instead - since FTP is usually allowed by firewalls.
- IM windows can be resized (stretched) horizontally.
- If there is a clickable URL in an IM window, and the
URL is long so that it wraps to the next line, it won't work correctly when
clicked. The solution is to stretch the window wider so that the URL fits
on one line.
- The Tracker IM windows now support Emoticons.
- Many bug fixes since build 165G.
- Emoticons When you type characters like :-) they
are automatically translated into an image such as a "smiley face". If you
don't like this feature you can turn it off in the Preferences menu.
- Show User Enter/Exit in Chat Window. When members
enter the room, their entry, along with a time stamp shows in the main window.
When you first enter a room, you receive a listing of all members present
in the main window. This is a preference, and the default is set to On.
- Show IMs when in Ignore mode. When you set your
preference to Ignore IMs, you can now choose to show IMs anyway. If someone
sends you an IM when this preference is selected, they will still recieve
your "not accepting IMs" message, but you'll see the contents of
their message in an IM window. This is a preference, and the default is set
- Anti-Pairing. You can choose to prevent other
members from linking their avatars to you. When they try, their avatar bounces
away. This is a preference, and the default is Off.
- Sounds in Instant Messages. You can choose to
hear a sound when you receive an IM. You can use any .wav file you have on
your computer. This is a preference, and the default is On.
- Persistent Ignore. When you place someone on
ignore, their chat text and IMs are ignored for the duration of your chat
session, regardless of how often they log out and log back in.
- Right-click Delete for Avatars and Gestures.
When you call up your avatar gallery using "Edit Identity," you
can select an avatar and control-right-click to delete it. Likewise, when
you call up the gesture pallette, you can point to any gesture and control-right-click
to delete it.
- More profile information. When you click on someones
avatar or name and click "Identity", you'll see a Profile
button. If you click it you will see information about that user that they've
entered into the Halsoft Member Directory.
- Megahead Preferences On by Default. The
preferences that let you view Megaheads in chat and in your avatar gallery
are now On by default.
- MP3 Gestures. You can now play gestures with
MP3 files. A gesture maker for MP3 gestures is coming soon.
- Multi-instance VP. With the correct enhancement,
you can open more than one instance of Chat at the same time. You'll need
to edit your .ini file: go to Program Files > vplaces and double click
on the vplaces.ini file. Double click on it. It will open in notepad. Under
[settings] type a new line: Multiinstance=1
- Reconnect. The file menu now contains a link
that lets you reconnect to the Halsoft servers.
- Tracker Works in the Adult Community. Need we
- Halsoft Chat Tab. You now have access to your
account, web page, profile, and referral bonus via this tab. These links are
set server-side, so they may change.